Purple Background

Friday, January 20, 2012

God Want's Me To Be Healthy!

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me".

How often do we quote this verse in life's struggles?? How often are we told to claim this verse? Now, how often do we actually believe it and apply it? Yeah, I'll admit...not often for me..

I truly desire to be healthier! This body is not mine; It is merely a vessel for the Lord! This is not a New Year's resolution, but genuinely eating better because God want's me to (It just so happens the Lord convicted me of this at the beginning of the year hehe). A Facebook friend of mine once shared a status that stated something similar to this (can't remember word for word),  "As you go about your daily life, ask yourself, 'Is this how I repay the Lord?".....When I read that, I was instantly humbled because boy, do I do a crummy job of repaying the Lord in SO many areas. He did pay my sin debt on that cross didn't He? He gave me new life and I am suppose to glorify God in it!

No one can influence me enough to change my eating habits (or any other area of my life), it TRULY must come from the Lord! I apply this to my personal struggles of weight-loss, mothering, being a godly wife and friend. I struggle daily with all of these, why? because when I don't put my strength in the Lord, I fail..big time...God has to bring you to a point where you absolutely KNOW that you cannot do something without him. That has been my personal conviction recently. It is why I can't stay committed to eating right and exercise, it's why I sometimes don't see "results" when I discipline my children or when I struggle as a homemaker. Please don't misconstrue my objectives and believe that I will be perfect at all these things by the end of the year! Giving your heart to the Lord in all areas of your life only makes the devil even more mad. We are supposed to "grow" (and should be) as Christians, not remain stagnant in our walk until He comes to take us home. I am thankful for these convictions, Lord willing they will draw me closer to my Savior! So trials will come, feeling defeated will come...but then I go back to this verse "I can do ALL (emphasis mine) things through Christ which strengtheneth me"!

 *Now, I am still trying to figure out all the in's and out's of blogging, so please bear with me. In the meantime you should be able to find all my posts about faith under the "Faith" tab, or clicking on the "Faith" label to the right --->

No comments:

Post a Comment