Purple Background

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Slow Cookin Chicken & Dumplings!

Ok, so my first taste of chicken and dumplings was right after our little girl was born last year. My mother in law was staying with us for a couple of weeks and I'm just going to throw it out there for public knowledge..she can cook some good ole' fashion country food :) A couple of months later I wanted to make my own chicken and dumplings recipe and came across this one here. I didn't follow it completely, so my "adapted" version is below :)



Ingredients:
(2) large chicken boobs that you will fillet to make 4 total
1 (10.75 oz) can of cream of chicken soup
1 (10.75 oz) can of cream of celery soup
3 1/2 cups of water
1/2 onion, finely chopped (or however you prefer)
1 cup of chopped celery
1 cup of chopped carrots
1 chicken bullion cube
Pepper (and salt if you'd like, but I didn't add any to mine)
1 refrigerated can of biscuits

Cook:
~Place all ingredients (EXCEPT biscuit dough) in your crock pot. Cook on low for 6 hours (the other recipe said 8 hours, but mine was perfectly done at about 6 hours)
~About half-way through cooking time I check my chicken and if they are cooked all the way through I take them out and shred them.
~About an hour before it's done, you can throw in your biscuit pieces. (you can tear them up; I actually cut each individual biscuit dough into 4's)
~As soon as the biscuits are cooked completely through, your delicious chicken and dumplings meal is ready!

Chopped Veggies


Soo tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment